Sunday 9 September 2012

4. Laying down the totara tree

It was another cold morning in the Wairarapa. The wind constantly knocked on the ranch-slider. It was as if Tawhirimatea himself was wanting to come inside and seek refuge from the cutting elements. But sorry e hoa you're not invited, and I sunk further into the warm abyss of the blankets on the mattress in the lounge.

I could hear the two ladies having an intimate korero in the other room, and I felt content to allow the activity to blow over me. But I could feel the impatience of the Kuia. She wanted to get started. She wanted to get on with the mahi. I could feel her mind ticking over...the timing is right, the timing is now, the timing is right, the timing is now. 

My wairua knew that I had to get my butt out of bed and go outside. The kuia was waiting! I know when she means business because there is none of that dry banter or any quick witted remarks.

Kei te pai, the other two will come outside soon. Haere. They're waiting~she said.

I stood outside exposed to the elements. Tawhirimatea-God of the Wind was cutting into my skin. But he was not harsh with me. Instead he purged my hinengaro of distractions so that I was able to ignore the neighbours, and ignore the sound of suburbia waking up from their slumber.

My consciousness expanded to another level. I could see a tribe of men and women from another time-space reality. They were the people of  Mōwai-o-te-rangi. This tribe of people had the DNA of both ancient Maori and the American Indians. I became one with this energy-with the people. I stamped and joined in with their ancient dance and ritual to open up some kind of connective pathway from above, the Universal consciousness to below, the consciousness of the Mother-Papa.

Then I saw the code of the universe open up before me. Mathematical-like equations, keys and symbols were downloaded into my consciousness. This process went for a long time but I allowed this connection to take place with faith, trust and hope, for the Wind continued to maintain my sense of focus...and purity. Another words, Tawhiri helped me to block out everyday life and the everyday voice of my insane ego.

I soon realised that these codes was streaming through very quickly, from different galaxies and realms of the universe. Each realm or galaxy were passing on a particular piece of a puzzle to create a particular image. I soon realised that the image being created from these codes was none other than The Tree of Life.

The pieces of puzzles being downloaded was The Magnificent Totara Tree!

The kuia stepped in and like a conductor of a great orchestra she guided the codes to create the majestic symphony-The Tree of Life. I also realised that the stamping and the dancing of the people (the tupuna) of Mōwai done their bit by opening up the ley lines of Mother Earth. The kuia then directed the Totara tree (and I must say this tree was huge...beyond huge...the size of a universe!) to lay down inside of Papatūānuku.

As soon as the totara tree was put down to rest we all heard an overwhelming sigh of relief coming from Papa. Thank you I really needed that. 

I understood that it was imperative that the tree of life was planted back into the Mother. It helped to ease her distress as the deeds of  humanity was putting a heap of pressure on her birth pangs.
Ruaumoko was becoming impatient and dearly wanted to explode his energy onto the world. He had had enough. He wanted to teach us lot a good lesson! And fortunately for humanity He has now been pacified with the Universal Consciousness.....the energy lessening the impact of the very near earthquakes and volcanic eruptions to coincide with the Birth of a new consciousness to sweep the Earth.

And so with the laying of the tree complete, the kuia was indeed happy. The Mōwai people were also happy. They rejoiced and danced with victorious cries. And when I turned around my two mates were sitting, watching and guarding the space. Their presence enabling me to feel strong and protected and have the faith to listen to my wairua...to listen to the Kuia when it's time to do the mahi...




~ I would like to acknowledge the artist of the Image of the totara tree: Stuart Clook 2010






No comments:

Post a Comment